Fees & Services
Hours of operation
- Daycare is available between 7:00 a.m. & 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, hours & services are contract based.
- If your child will be absent please notify the caregiver before 9:00 a.m. that day.
- Children can attend the daycare on a full-time basis for a maximum of 9 hours per day, unless previously negotiated.
- Late fees of $1/min. will take effect after the negotiated pick up time, at the discretion of the caregiver. The fee will be paid before the next business day, no receipt will be issued.
- Full-time: $46.00/day (9 hrs. /day, 5 days/week).
- Part-time/Full days: $56.00/day (9 hrs. /day, 3 days/week).
- Before & After school: $25.00/day (up to 3 hours) (full day charge during any school closures).
- Before & After Hours: $10/hour.
- Overtime: $1/minute.
Payment is expected weekly on Fridays.
- Payment is based on enrollment and therefore is expected whether the child is in attendance or not for ANY reason.
- There will be a 20.00$ charge for NSF cheque’s or late payments PLUS any other bank charges to the caregiver will be added to the outstanding amount. If not, the caregiver has the right to refuse care and cancel the agreement immediately.
- Any funds given above the contracted payment will be considered a gift and therefore not applicable for receipt.
- Up to 3 weeks(15 days) each year Sara’s Stepping Stones Daycare will be closed for vacation (Christmas vacation stated below is to be included).
- 2 weeks will be paid and 1 week will not be paid.
- At least 30 days’ notice will be given before taking any vacation.
- Christmas vacation (with pay) will be taken from the 24th of December to the 2nd of January.
- The daycare is closed (with pay) on the following days:
Labour Day Thanksgiving Day Family Day
Good Friday Easter Monday Victoria Day
Canada Day Civic Holidays Christmas Day
Boxing Day New Year’s Day
- The caregiver is entitled to 10 paid sick/personal days a year. If the caregiver requires any additional time off, the parents will not be responsible to pay for care while a provider is absent.
- An alternate caregiver may on occasion provide childcare in place of your regular caregiver in order to maintain a consistent and reliable daycare service. Should you not be comfortable with this, you will receive as much notice as possible. However, be advised that under certain circumstances sufficient notice will not be possible. You are free to take your child out of care during the absence of your regular provider, you will still be responsible for payment of that day.