Parents agree to keep their child/ren at home or seek alternate care arrangements for the following conditions:
- Pain - any complaints of unexplained or undiagnosed pain.
- Fever (100°F/38.3°C or higher).
- Sore throat or trouble swallowing.
- Headache or stiff neck.
- Unexplained diarrhea or loose stool combined with nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramps. The child will be kept at home until all symptoms have stopped.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Sever itching of body and scalp.
- Known or suspected communicable diseases.
It is required to keep (or take) a child home when the child:
- Is suffering from one or more of the above symptoms.
- Is not well enough to take part in the activities at the daycare.
Ultimately the care of the child is the parent’s responsibility
Parents will inform the daycare within 24 hours of a diagnosis of a serious illness or contagious disease of a communicable nature in the family. This is to protect our family and the other families who attend daycare. Failure to do so is grounds for immediate termination of care. Parents agree that a child will be symptom free, without the aid of symptom reducing medications such as Tylenol or Advil, for a full 24 hours prior to returning to daycare. We reserve the right to ask for a note from your family doctor, depending on the illness/disease. Unless doctor prescribed and daycare provider is aware and consents do NOT send your child to daycare medicated.
Prescription medications will only be given to a child in care with the following conditions:
- Parent gives written permission to the caregiver, with full instructions as to dosage, and times to administer medication. (Forms will be made available for this purpose).
- All prescribed medications must have the child's name on the prescription bottle.
- Non-prescription medications will NOT be administered.
Care of a sick child & notification of parents
When a child becomes ill, we will make the child comfortable in a quiet place where he/she can rest and will be closely supervised. Parents will be notified immediately and agree to begin making alternate work arrangements or arrangements for alternate care. If your child is seriously ill, you or an alternate must come for the child IMMEDIATELY. If we cannot reach a parent, we will call an emergency contact listed on the registration form or the child's doctor may be contacted depending on the seriousness of the illness.